COMMERCIAL NEGOTIATION ESSENTIALS
This course is available for in-house bookings. 2018 dates to be confirmed.
This program is available for in-house delivery, and group booking discounts. Click on the links below to enquire.
In this course we look at the best ways to negotiate a successful outcome to internal or external negotiations.
Upon completion of the course attendees will be able to:
- Recognise the different strategies and tactics that you, and the other party, can use in negotiating.
- Negotiate longer lasting and more mutually satisfying contracts, variations, renewals & internal agreements.
- Negotiate more successfully with face to face or non‐ face to face, inside and outside the organisation, including suppliers, customers, stakeholders etc.
- Describe possible legal problems that can occur in a negotiation.
- Background to the negotiation
- Key Fisher and Ury’s ‘Getting to Yes’ tips and traps
- The different negotiation styles and phases
- Bargaining power and the outsourcing lifecycle
- The IACCM ‘Top Terms in Negotiation Report'
- Common problems faced by inexperienced negotiators
- Common mistakes in the different negotiation phases
- Action Planning