POLICY & MEMBERSHIP OFFICER (FULL TIME) 67- 82K (inclusive of Super)
The Client is a not-for profit member funded organisation dedicated to supporting Communities. Reporting to the Executive Adviser, the primary duties of this position include the provision of administrative and high-quality secretariat support to the Board and Committees. In addition to this, the responsibilities of this role include, being the first port of call for members, and coordinating day to day activities in membership engagement. This role has an immediate start.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the provision of secretarial and administrative support for the Executive Advisor, Board and the Working Committees.
- Develop surveys and conduct analysis as required.
- Assist the EA to maintain the Policy Committee pages on the website.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, presentations and other correspondence.
- Coordinating the review and preparation of Committee specific publications and specific materials.
- Assist in the day to day handling of member queries.
- Other duties as required by the Executive Advisor from time to time.
- Update and maintain the CRM
- Issuing and managing invoices with Treasurer
- Marketing and coordinating online seminar program
- Coordinating with sponsors
- Coordinating weekly e-news
- Coordinating communications and publications
- Event coordination/management as needed
- Fielding regular membership enquiries
- Onboarding new members
- Establishing relationships with members
The successful candidate will exhibit
- Relevant tertiary qualifications preferably with 2+ years’ policy experience in a membership related organisation.
- Experience in Committee management.
- Experience or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge in the smart city, urban environment, technology, economic space will be an advantage.
- Proficient across Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills