The gazettal has now seen Smart Planning’s first phase of policy and rules reform, in amendment package, VC142. The amendment addresses issues that have long frustrated users of the planning system and will deliver improvements to the planning system. Changes include:
- removal of redundant or excessive provisions and permit requirements
- clarification of unclear provisions and administrative changes
- updated planning provisions to reflect the contemporary needs of businesses
- use of contemporary land use terms and removing out-of-date references, to ensure schemes are current.
The team continues to review over 250 submissions made to the Discussion Paper – Reforming the Victoria Planning Provisions. Within the discussion paper, proposal 5.2 described the need to review and update the land use terms section of the Victoria Planning Provisions.
To support this review, the Minister for Planning has since appointed an Advisory Committee to review and recommend improvements to land use terms and their definitions.
Metis builds capacity for professionals to:
- understand, manage, and negotiate fair and profitable contracts
- understanding complex infrastructure finance arrangements
- strategically planning impactful cities
- understand and utlise business finance
Our clients include:
AECOM, Jacobs, WSP, GHD, Laing O’Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Vision Australia, NSW Health Infrastructure, The City of Parramatta, The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, SMEC, Norman Disney and Young. Learn more.
Our programs are: