9 days left to have your say
In the 2017-18 Budget, the Government announced a comprehensive housing affordability plan to improve outcomes across the housing continuum. The Government’s plan includes establishing:
- The National Housing Finance and Investment Corporation (NHFIC) – a new corporate Commonwealth entity dedicated to improving housing affordability;
- A $1 billion National Housing Infrastructure Facility (NHIF) which will use tailored financing to partner with local governments in funding infrastructure to unlock new housing supply; and
- An affordable housing bond aggregator to drive efficiencies and cost savings in the provision of affordable housing by community housing providers.
Why we are consulting
The purpose of this Consultation Paper is to seek feedback on the potential structure and governance of the NHFIC, and the operation of the NHIF and affordable housing bond aggregator.
Interested parties are invited to lodge written submissions on the matters raised in this Paper by Friday 20 October 2017.
You can submit responses to this consultation up until 20 October 2017.
Interested parties are invited to comment on this consultation.
While submissions may be lodged electronically or by post, electronic lodgement is preferred. For accessibility reasons, please submit responses sent via email in a Word or RTF format. An additional PDF version may also be submitted.
All information (including name and address details) contained in submissions will be made available to the public on the Treasury website unless you indicate that you would like all or part of your submission to remain in confidence. Automatically generated confidentiality statements in emails do not suffice for this purpose. Respondents who would like part of their submission to remain in confidence should provide this information marked as such in a separate attachment.
Legal requirements, such as those imposed by the Freedom of Information Act 1982, may affect the confidentiality of your submission.
How to respond
Address written submissions to:
Housing Policy Unit Manager
Social Policy Division
PARKES ACT 2600
Phone: Housing Policy Unit Manager +61 2 6263 2168
Metis builds capacity for professionals to:
- understand, manage, and negotiate fair and profitable contracts
- understanding complex infrastructure finance arrangements
- strategically planning impactful cities
- understand and utlise business finance
Our clients include:
AECOM, Jacobs, WSP, GHD, Laing O’Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Vision Australia, NSW Health Infrastructure, The City of Parramatta, The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, SMEC, Norman Disney and Young. Learn more.
Our programs are: