The draft Greener Places policy aims to create a more liveable and sustainable urban environment by:
- Improving community access to open space and parklands for recreation and exercise,
- Supporting walking and cycling connections
- Improving the resilience of urban areas
The draft policy will outline principles for coordinating population growth with an increase in open space and parklands to combat the effect of climate change, providing space for local flora and fauna and offer a variety of public spaces for the community.
The Government Architect NSW is developing the draft Greener Places policy.
The Department will complement the Greener Places policy with a suite of toolkits that will support the provision, design and management of open space and parklands that meet the needs of the community now and into the future.
Metis builds capacity for professionals to:
- understand, manage, and negotiate fair and profitable contracts
- understanding complex infrastructure finance arrangements
- strategically planning impactful cities
- understand and utilise business finance
Our clients include:
AECOM, Jacobs, WSP, GHD, Laing O’Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Vision Australia, NSW Health Infrastructure, The City of Parramatta, The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, SMEC, Norman Disney and Young. Learn more.
Our programs are: