The Think Brick Awards, Australia’s richest design awards, has opened for 2019. After handing out a record $70,000 in prize money in 2018, this year’s awards are set to be the biggest in the country.
Now in its 13th year, the Think Brick Awards celebrates the innovative and contemporary use of clay bricks, concrete masonry and roof tiles in Australian architecture.
Think Brick Australia CEO, Elizabeth McIntyre, said, “Each year the bar is raised by the high calibre of entries and their sophisticated use of brick, masonry and tiles, but last year was exceptionally outstanding and over half of the entries were new entrants.”
“Last year we saw standout submissions that pushed the boundaries of design and we’re looking forward to showcasing the leaps and bounds that have been made this year in the craftsmanship of built designs.”
“The Think Brick Awards celebrates the innovation of architects who champion versatility and creativity in their design of residential, commercial and landscape projects.”
2019 Think Brick Award categories include:
- Horbury Hunt Commercial Award: includes built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face bricks and pavers, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Horbury Hunt Residential Award: includes residential built projects that exemplify outstanding craftsmanship and innovation through the use of clay face bricks and pavers, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Kevin Borland Masonry Award: recognises projects that highlight the design potential of concrete masonry in commercial and residential built architecture, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Bruce Mackenzie Landscape Award: highlights the unlimited possibilities of the humble paver, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- Robin Dods Roof Tile Excellence Award: showcases the sustainability benefits, versatility and design possibilities of terracotta roof tiles, with a cash prize of $10,000.
- New Entrant Award: automatic entry for those architects who have never entered in the awards before, with a cash prize of $10,000.
“The awards are a great opportunity to distinguish winners as industry leaders, recognising the important contribution architects, builders, bricklayers and manufacturers make to design and architecture,” said Mrs McIntyre.
“Unlike other awards of its kind, the entry process only takes about 10 minutes and is easy to submit. For architects who haven’t entered before, we encourage you to get involved this year.”
The deadline for awards entries is 3 May 2019 with winners announced at a gala dinner on 15 August 2019. Each entrant will receive two complimentary tickets to the awards dinner.
As an early bird incentive to the first 100 entrants, Think Brick Australia will be offering a complementary $50 Dymocks voucher for you to spend on books and stationary of your choice.
For more information about the awards visit: http://www.thinkbrick.com.au/think-brick-awards
- understand, manage, and negotiate fair and profitable contracts
- understanding complex infrastructure finance arrangements
- strategically planning impactful cities
- understand and utilise business finance
Our clients include:
AECOM, Jacobs, WSP, GHD, Laing O’Rourke, Fulton Hogan, Vision Australia, NSW Health Infrastructure, The City of Parramatta, The Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development, SMEC, Norman Disney and Young. Learn more.
Our programs are: